Xbox One US sales up 84% month-on-month - but PS4 is still top-selling home console
North American Xbox One sales jumped 84% month-on-month during February, Microsoft has revealed.
The platform holder says that the figure marks the console's best February yet since launching in late 2013, with American players spending an average of 74 hours on Xbox Live during the month.
Despite Xbox One's success, however, PS4 continued to be the top-selling home console in the US, with lifetime sales standing at over 20.2 million units worldwide.
The Nintendo 3DS outsold both of them, though, largely thanks to the release of the New Nintendo 3DS XL, with sales across the 3DS console family topping 395,000 units for the month. Nintendo also secured the top-selling game of the month - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D - which managed to outsell major new releases The Order: 1886 and Evolve.
Wii U sales, meanwhile, are up 20 per cent over where they were at this point in 2014.
US SOFTWARE SALES (FEB 2015):
1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)
2. Evolve (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
3. Dying Light (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
4. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
5. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
6. NBA 2K15 (PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360)
7. Dragon Ball: Xenoverse (PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360)
8. Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
9. The Order: 1886 (PS4)
10. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS)